Barbecue Roasted SalmonYield: Serves 4
Comments: Flavored with pineapple juice, brown sugar, chili powder, and cumin, this easy entree can transform any weeknight meal into something special. Try serving it with steamed basmati rice and a spinach salad tossed with mandarin oranges, sliced red onion, and fat-free poppy seed dressing.
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove fish from bag; discard marinade.
- Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through cinnamon) in a bowl. Rub over fish; place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon, if desired.
Healthy Units: 7 per serving
calories: 314 carbohydrates: 9 g cholesterol: 111 mg fat: 14.7 g sodium: 405 mg protein: 35.3 g calcium: 30 mg iron: 1.5 mg fiber: 1 g